This morning, whilst stuck in traffic on my way to work, I found myself making a mental list of the people I'm grateful for meeting during 2013. It's funny how, at times, the people you would have expected to be incompatible with manage to become more than just acquaintances. 2013 was kind to me in this regard and blessed me with some great colleagues, a nice fellow and good listener, a community of some amazing bloggers, an entrepreneur I've instantly found myself admiring for her being humble despite her huge success, as well as the beautiful lady behind this blog - Lady with No Name.
We - Davina, the girl behind Lady with No Name, and myself - got to know each other by coincidence, and instantly clicked. The first time I spoke to her in person felt as if I've known her for decades (ok; two decades going to three, I'm 28 going on 29 you see...). A week ago, this beautiful lady tagged me in her Sunshine Bloggers Award post, which award is given to bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogging world. This basically consists of:
i. sharing 11 facts about yourself
ii. answering 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you in the first place
iii.come up with 11 questions for those you intend to tag for the Sunshine Blogger Award
iv. tell those who inspire you that you’ve tagged them ;)
- I'm addicted to coffee. And chocolate. And wine.
- When I'm not drinking any of the above, I go for beer - preferably somewhere in Sliema or St. Julians. On a sunny day :)
- I love anything that has to do with literature and drama. When I grow up I'd like to become an actress. A famous one!
- I've recently discovered the beauty of the world of make-up, and am lately finding myself buying the zillionth lipstick and blusher! :P
- I'm allergic to people who lie.
- I'd like to retire at the age of 35. I'm also aware that's highly improbable.
- I'm a big fan of candles, especially those pretty ones who smell of yoghurt and cream!
- I worry about everything and everyone, and suffer from anxiety every now and then.
- I'm always running around in heels, but I now owe a pair of good sneakers for that occasional aerobics class.
- My first trip abroad was at 21 years of age; went to London for 3 days and spent 2.5 of them in Oxford Street.
- I'm a romantic at heart and love flowers and dinner dates :D
Answers to Davina's questions:
1. If you have a one way ticket to anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
Spain probably, for the bright colours, sangria and siesta ;) Or Paris.
2. If you had to win a £100 voucher to spend either on make up or on clothes, which would you spend it on?
As I mentioned already, I'm loving make up products these days. But I'd still spend the voucher on clothes. Definitely.
3. What is your favourite all time purchase?
A simple, backless white dress. From Zara. I'm a fan of classic pieces even when it comes to garments.
4. Do you see yourself blogging in 10 years time?
That's a tricky one. Could be. I'd also like to write a book one day...
5. Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
Can I reiterate 'retired'? :P Hopefully happy and healthy, that's all I'd wish for, really. And maybe the mother of a beautiful baby? Or would that be asking for too much?
6. What inspired you to start up a blog?
My passion for writing and fashion. Just those two passions :)
7. Could you live without social media?
Emmm - nopes!
8. If you had to choose between having an internet connection, or a television in your household, which would you choose?
The internet connection. Then I'd stream what I'd like to see on TV.... :)
9. Half full or half empty?
Mmmm, not sure. But I've recently come across this interesting quote (I'm a big fan of quotes): "Dear optimist, pessimist and realist, while you guys were busy arguing about the glass of water, I drank it! Sincerely, the opportunist".
10. What is your favourite food?
Once it was risotto marinara, then it became chicken, now I'd think I've settled for an assortment of cured ham and cheese, thank you very much :D
11. Long hair or short hair?
Long. For no particular reason.
My 11 questions:
1. Name one thing which makes you smile.
2. What's one beauty trend that you just can't stand?
3. Dogs or cats?
4. Your best bargain so far?
5. Your favourite childhood movie?
6. Who's your favourite author? (you can only pick one)
7. Have you made any new year's resolutions for this year?
8. What’s something you’ve done that, perhaps, changed your life to the better?
9. Which is the worse: too much perfume or body odour?
10. If you could be any influential person for a day who would you be and why?
11. Something you're craving for right now?
So, now to bestow the Sunshine Bloggers Award upon the bloggers who inspire me (in no particular order) :D
...and anyone else who feels like it! ;) Hope you enjoyed this post as much as I did ;) xx
her blogs directly to your inbox
Advertise with us!
*askdorianne.com believes in partnering with individuals and companies who are passionate and innovative. If you are looking for a loyal audience who will get excited about the content we share, please contact us here.
For any freelance articles related to lifestyle or fashion, feel free to drop us a line here.